Saturday 12 December 2020

Colorsound Sustain Module 1 switch version

 Here is a rare old and quite unique circuit that hasn't been traced before. With lots of help from AlexS and cobyjoe we managed to trace it and a have a working clone.

So what is it? Not to be confused with the Supa Sustain, this is a quite gnarly and fat fuzz with lots of output on tap. Some parts of the circuit resembles to a Fuzzrite (Q2 and Q3) with a feedback path that that has lots of odd things happening (Q4, Q1, D1 D2). 


There is also a 2 switch version with an added switchable transistor stage but I haven't managed to trace it yet....



 
 
 


 


6 comments:

  1. Schematic? I'm trying to follow the layout, and I'm a bit confused. Output cap coming from transistor bases that are linked as an example.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. never mind - I probably should have searched FSB before commenting.

      Delete
    2. Schematic added. Yes, this circuit was the source for LOTS of confusion for us who traced it. Very odd circuit!

      Delete
  2. I can see how that would be very confusing - I've never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anders, I don't have a schematic but just in case you run into it one day - Colorsound Dipthonizer. Sounds pretty cool!!! All the best mate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sound cool, indeed!
      Here is the schematic:
      https://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?p=50086#p50086

      It is a "biggie" and it is nothing I'm too familiar with. I really need to study this before I eventually tackle it.
      Looks like an envelope filter and a fuzz???

      Delete