Friday 14 February 2020

Fuzzhead Fx Pink Goat

My take on Roland AF-100 Bee Baa. Ditched the boost switch and one of the tone settings but added two new ones. "Highs" switch toggles between stock (middle position) and two settings that cut some highs:-). The other switch named "Notch" toggles between  three settings in the twin notch circuit. Middle position has 10nF to ground which gives a full sounds with lower mids. The two other settings is closer to stock Bee Baa tone with varying degree of scooped mids. Combining those switches quite ba broad variety of tones; harsh and thin to wooly and bassy.

This one is verified.
'



5 comments:

  1. Dude, this thing rips! My fav take on the Bee Baa I've built. Haven't been this excited about a fuzz for a bit, definitely bumping something off my board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I built this and woow :) Thank you and amazing work! It's the second one of your own schematics I built (Freya is the other), and both are boxed. I built this instead of the Stoner Bee mostly because after analyzing the diagrams I felt there was less of a high attenuation on this (I like bright) - any more of your schematics you'd like to recommend? This thing is massive though, I'm having so much fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, glad you like it!
      Check out Dronestortion as well, thats the one I use all the time...
      http://dirtboxlayouts.blogspot.com/2020/09/fuzzhead-fx-doomstortion.html

      Delete
  3. Haha, thanks for the recommendation fh. What a satisfying fuzz. I last built two Seppuku circuits, so this one fits right in. I plan on building your “Dronestortion” too. I was looking for a tweaked Rat and happen to have all the parts on hand including two remaining D9K’s. Thanks again for the hearing loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello
    In the schematic 100k bottom left is 100ohm which one is right?

    ReplyDelete