Thursday 12 December 2019

Fuzzhead Fx Mammoth Bender

I've always loved Tonebender Mk2's but always felt that it lacked some low end for the music I'm playing at the moment. So I decided to a heavy TB2 variant....no wait, it's more like this; What if an old Marshall Supa Fuzz met a Wooly Mammoth and had a baby?

It would be the Mammoth Bender. The core is a Tonebender Mk2 with some tweaked resistor values. Capacitor values and the tonestack is lifted from ZVex Wooly Mammoth. Transistors is NPN Germaniums, part number isn't that important more attention should be noted to Hfe and leakage which is noted bellow the layout.

This one is verified.



3 comments:

  1. This looks like a must try. I'm finishing up the Spectrum, hopefully have it verified for you. I'll post under it when it's done later tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, its a must build if you're into heavy, high gain fuzzes....

      Delete
    2. so huge gain, i used even mp38a, hfe 70,75,80... I had to put pregain 200k on in!

      Delete