Wednesday, 12 June 2019

Colorsound Wah w. volume mod




4 comments:

  1. I like this wah. Stuck it in a newer crybaby shell. No big deal to return it to stock if I grow tired of it. No oscillation when using it with a fuzz face. It’s ever so slightly quieter than unity. I wonder if I were to up the 100k resistor a touch if it would make a difference. 🤔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't experience this when i built it. Maybe i had a higher hfe tranny than you?

      For anyone else building this. I found it sounded great. Doesn't get harsh at all. Personally i used a A100k pot, not B. Liked the sweep better that way.

      Delete
  2. Which number shoud I use for CLR resistor on this circuit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just breadboarded this circuit from the Beavis Audio schematic. Had a slight Wah tone. Found this schematic https://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?t=3948 which seems to match the values in the layout. A side note on the pic says Z-Vex made a few changes to this schematic for the Seek Wah.
    Worked perfectly after implementing those mods.
    I’m assuming the Volume mod here is just replacing the volume pot with the 100k resistor.
    I am getting a volume drop on the breadboard, so I added an LPB1 on the end, then brightened it up a bit with smaller caps.

    ReplyDelete