Tuesday, 18 August 2026

Strymon Canoga Fuzz

 Schematic is avaiable HERE.










 

11 comments:

  1. Back with a mutant green look. Input seems to be missing at 14, G. That's a big input cap for a Fuzz Face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was about time to update the DIYLC...

    Input label added.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought copper tracts had corroded like the Statue of Liberty from where you had been gone so long. :-)

      Delete
  3. Verify it. Fired up first try. Definitely a fuzz face relative. Sounds pretty good though. Has a fair amount of boost to it. Easy build is always a nice break too! Thanks for the layout dude!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. according the schematic the 100nf should be 10nf and there should be a 100 ohm resistor between pin 1 of volume pot and ground . should sound thinner with the 10nf i guess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fuzz with really good bump in volume. Highly recommend a 1kC for the Drive pot. Much better range of gain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I built this and it sounds good. However, seems like there is not much gain at all. Maybe I’m just used to my Sunface Fuzz. Does anyone have any suggestions as how to increase gain?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would increase the feedback resistor value. The 22k. A stock value would be 100K. Also, the input cap is huge. Lowering it a bit or reducing the Level pot value would thin out the low-end and give a more aggressive feel. Lastly, add a variable resistor to the bias of Q2. Starving that transistor will give you a bit more compression and breakup. But the demo sounded a little lower gain than a stock Fuzz Face. So it's probably working as it should.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Tom! I’ll definitely give that a try!

      Delete