Sunday 31 March 2024

EarthQuaker Devices Organizer

 Chris just sent me an another Spin FV-1 based layout. And he verified it.

"This is a layout for the Earthquaker Organizer Polyphonic Organ Emulator that I drew up using the Pedalpcb schematic. Two things about this layout (which is verified - I have all ready built it):
1) it addresses the volume drop issue that was common in early traces of this circuit. The pedalpcb board now has a 20k trimpot to solve this, which I have simply converted to the 20k resistor that is on pins 13 and 14 of the quad op amp.
2) you will need some supplies - an FV adapter and the EEPROM with the algorithm - which I would recommend getting from pedalpcb. PCB Guitar Mania makes a clone of this but I did not see a listing on their site for an algorithm chip or an SMD adapter. The FV-1 adapter board that pedalpcb makes is quite easy to use and I would also recommend watching DK Pedals' tutorial on YouTube for soldering the FV-1, as it was very helpful to me. The EEPROM algorithm chip is available for about $6.00 and if you search 'Organ Donor EEPROM' you will find it. It is not listed on the regular EEPROM menu. Also - 2x14 rows of pin headers will be needed to go between the adapter board and your vero."


 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting this Anders! At 22 columns wide, it will just barely fit into a 125b enclosure, which IS the size of the original pedal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, thanks , both of you. What's the latency like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Alex! if there is any latency issue from this circuit, it is inaudible, at least in it's stock format as I have posted here. As soon as I got this thing working, I removed the lag pot and the crystal+15pF clock and added the manually adjustable 4049 clock mod board. Which, when you max it, causes ALL SORTS of timing and latency issues, especially when you use a 100k pot instead of a 10k trimmer, as I did.

      Delete