Aion Fx take on a pretty rare, forgotten and old fuzz box by Roland. Some useful addons is made. A gain control is added and a series resistor before the volume control is removed for more overall output.
I added a tone selector switch for the tone control since the factory schematic and Aion's schematic differs in that spot; the low pass filter cap in the big muff style tonestack toggles between 1nF(Aion mode) and 10nF(stock mode). The switch acts a Mid/SCoop switch.
'Schematic is avaiable HERE.

A Bee-Gee clone was actually one of my first ever builds, and I hacked a gain control into pretty much the same spot of the circuit. Still love the sound of it. It's not as feral as a Bee-Baa or Superfuzz, but it's instant desert rock satisfaction, pedal to the floor.
ReplyDeleteYou can tag this one. Very nice fuzz. Thanks for the layout.
ReplyDeleteI can’t find the 22nd cut. Are we positive it’s 22? Thanks in advance
ReplyDeleteAnd it looks like 6 links rather than 5?
ReplyDeleteYeah, just typos. It works as it's laid out. I seem to remember reminding myself to mention those inaccuracies but then forgot. Whoops. But it works
Delete