Friday 4 March 2022

Zzoyd's Allies Fuzz

 Our ukrainian friend Zzoyds modified version of Masaru Kubuta Allies Fuzz.

No schematic for this one but  HERE is a very useful link!

Here are his description about it:

...we have Masaru Kubota Allies Fuzz.
so i  built it with germanium transistors + added a third stage for normal volume.
What I want to say about this Ge beast; you can use it like a fuzz, you can use it like a Ge booster,
which working  with every overdrive, every fuzzes!
How's the fuzz pot working? Very strange, when you turn to left you get less gain and more highs,when turn to right, more gain and more mids. I really like this one! Using with overdrives, you get another sound!

 Don't forget to check out his other design, Black Velvet Fuzz.

 


 

 


3 comments:

  1. Dear Friends! This is very cool germanium Fuzz - Overdrive with nice tone!
    Schem with my last mode: https://imgur.com/gallery/zyYkI5o
    I often use this Fuzz before overdrives or another fuzzes & i always getting supersound!!! Thanks fuzzhead for posting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished this one up

    I like it, worked first time and sounds really good.

    I used:
    AC176 at Q1
    OC45 at Q2
    BC550 at Q3

    I get a lightish fuzz, similar to a cranked rangemaster or a tube bender on lowish gain.

    I likes it 😄

    ReplyDelete