Kool, I have one of these in my collection! And don’t forget this is a positive ground circuit? Also that 0.22Uf connected to ground is a protection cap to keep you from getting shocked?
I stang corrected but the 220nF (connected to Ground in schematic) cap is retundant when used as a stombox? I Think it is needed for the mains power transformer in a radio with lethal power...?
That’s to offset the overly bright sound of playing through a home stereo? I play my original through the tape recorder input of an old Bogner receiver, it’s perfect for playing through old tube radios too?
Kool, I have one of these in my collection! And don’t forget this is a positive ground circuit? Also that 0.22Uf connected to ground is a protection cap to keep you from getting shocked?
ReplyDeleteI stang corrected but the 220nF (connected to Ground in schematic) cap is retundant when used as a stombox? I Think it is needed for the mains power transformer in a radio with lethal power...?
DeleteTag it. Works fine, and *very* fat sounding.
ReplyDeleteAwesome!
DeleteTagged.
That’s to offset the overly bright sound of playing through a home stereo? I play my original through the tape recorder input of an old Bogner receiver, it’s perfect for playing through old tube radios too?
ReplyDeleteI thought that too. Makes my strat sound less wimpy that's for sure 🤣.
DeleteI suppose this would work as well with a BJT with caps flipped around and +9v?
ReplyDeleteIt would yes.
Delete