The negative side of that 10uf capacitor needs to go to ground somewhere on that bottom row. And that's probably a 100uf filter cap. Could be interesting to add a switch to change-out various C1/C2 combos.
Great little circuit for doing a general 'brightening' or 'darkening' of a tone! I found the recommended pivot point of 125Hz a bit low, so I made the caps switchable to also get a 1kHz pivot point.
No, a Big Muff tone control is a low-pass filter and a high-pass filter combined. The tilt EQ will tilt the curve of the EQ. So CW it will give you more highs while retaining your mids and lows. And CCW it will reduce treble but the signal doesn't get muddy and dull. Because it isn't just feeding treble to ground.
The negative side of that 10uf capacitor needs to go to ground somewhere on that bottom row. And that's probably a 100uf filter cap. Could be interesting to add a switch to change-out various C1/C2 combos.
ReplyDeleteOoop, Added a column and a link. Thanks for noticing.
DeleteThanks! I guess, that "100nF" electrolytic on the right side has to be a 100uF, right?
ReplyDeleteYes, 100uF it is....x-/
DeleteGreat little circuit for doing a general 'brightening' or 'darkening' of a tone! I found the recommended pivot point of 125Hz a bit low, so I made the caps switchable to also get a 1kHz pivot point.
ReplyDeleteIIs this tone control similar to the Big Muff's?
ReplyDeleteNo, a Big Muff tone control is a low-pass filter and a high-pass filter combined. The tilt EQ will tilt the curve of the EQ. So CW it will give you more highs while retaining your mids and lows. And CCW it will reduce treble but the signal doesn't get muddy and dull. Because it isn't just feeding treble to ground.
Delete