Monday 22 April 2024

Capitalist Death Cult Just. Give. Up. V2

 Another contribution by Chris. This time he made some improvements and addons on a rare and wild Death by Audio circuit. Tone houndz...stay away!

 Chris says:

I don't know if this warrants its own post but I wanted to show it to you anyway since I was the one who verified your purple card drawing.

Since I built that up I wasn't happy with the bleed through in bypass that sometimes happens with the LM567. So I used the old "millennium bypass" trick of adding a mosfet to handle the LED switching so that you can use only a DPDT for true bypass with an indicator light. THEN I used the now-vacant set of poles on a 3PDT to connect/disconnect the power supply to the LM567 when the circuit is bypassed. So NO NOISE! I also added the master volume, because if ANY circuit needs it, it is this loud beast. Then I put the frequency pot (which I cut down to 10k) on a switched expression jack so that you can get foot-controlled crazy pitch-wah sounds with a standard TRS expression pedal like an inexpensive m-audio or nektar controller. Anything more than 15-20k of resistance for the frequency control just takes you into slower and slower chopped/tremolo territory. And the 10k pot still allows for some of that in the toe up/CCW position and all of the pitch control as you turn the knob up/put the treadle down.
 
 I added a toggle to change the resistance on the frequency sweep - this allows for a low range and high range mode on the frequency. Since most expression pedals have 10k pots, I wanted to keep the frequency pot at 10k too so that the sweep matches whether you are using the knob or an exp pedal.
 

 


2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this bypass before. I have a project that needs this very solution. But if I'm looking at this right, don't you need a second diode from gate to ground?

    http://www.geofex.com/article_folders/millenium/milckt3.gif

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just used the tagboard blog layout, which was posted about 10 years ago, I think - it is just a DPDT, a mosfet, a single diode, an LED and a CLR.

      Delete