I had this pedal a few years ago and I love it. Now that I learned how to build my own guitar effects, I found this one and today I finished it, it sounds just like the original, it reminded me of my beginning times as a guitarist. It works, I give it verified. Thanks for the pdf.
G’day folks, I haven’t had a crack at this myself but I do have a board that a mate has attempted. He usually builds amps and this might’ve been his first stripboard build. After tidying up all of the soldering and shorts, I probed the circuit. There was definitely distortion being created but it wasn’t making it to the output. Ha had also given me an absolutely destroyed original SM9, from which he had taken the four 4558s. I found one of these to be dead, so I subbed in a TL072. I now have output and all the controls seem to do their thing. The issue is that I’m getting oscillation coming in as I crank up the Attack control. I’m pretty confident I’ve fixed all of the shorts and it looks as though the board is correct with regard to cuts & component placement etc. How should I proceed? I will be building this myself, come the weekend. Cheers,
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIs this still unverified??
ReplyDeleteYes, it is still tagged "Unverified".
DeleteI had this pedal a few years ago and I love it. Now that I learned how to build my own guitar effects, I found this one and today I finished it, it sounds just like the original, it reminded me of my beginning times as a guitarist. It works, I give it verified. Thanks for the pdf.
ReplyDeleteG’day folks, I haven’t had a crack at this myself but I do have a board that a mate has attempted. He usually builds amps and this might’ve been his first stripboard build.
ReplyDeleteAfter tidying up all of the soldering and shorts, I probed the circuit. There was definitely distortion being created but it wasn’t making it to the output.
Ha had also given me an absolutely destroyed original SM9, from which he had taken the four 4558s. I found one of these to be dead, so I subbed in a TL072. I now have output and all the controls seem to do their thing. The issue is that I’m getting oscillation coming in as I crank up the Attack control.
I’m pretty confident I’ve fixed all of the shorts and it looks as though the board is correct with regard to cuts & component placement etc.
How should I proceed? I will be building this myself, come the weekend. Cheers,