Great schematic! Tag it "verified"! Just built it up - first try, no issues! Also - I used an LM4562 instead of a JRC - slightly less noise at high gain settings and better bass response. Altho the JRC sounded great, too! Awesome work, man!
Hmm, I believe that there are several mistakes in this layout. 1) The resistance values are switched between R8 and R9, 1K & 3.3K (using FuzzDog's refdes). 2) The IC's positive supply is connected improperly, it presently goes to 9V after the polarity protection diode rather after the 'Volts' starving section of the schematic. 3) Bizarrely, Volts-2 connects back to pin 2 of the IC, via 22K and 1M resistors... There may be more, but at this point I gave up.
Great schematic! Tag it "verified"! Just built it up - first try, no issues! Also - I used an LM4562 instead of a JRC - slightly less noise at high gain settings and better bass response. Altho the JRC sounded great, too! Awesome work, man!
ReplyDelete-Chris
Thanks a lot! Tagged!
DeleteFor anyone else reading this - I scratched the LM4562 idea - too much gain and it was overloading the chip. Went w a 4558 after all like the original.
ReplyDeleteIs there only one wire that go’s to the level pot?
ReplyDeleteI see now Volume/level are the same
DeleteHmm, I believe that there are several mistakes in this layout. 1) The resistance values are switched between R8 and R9, 1K & 3.3K (using FuzzDog's refdes). 2) The IC's positive supply is connected improperly, it presently goes to 9V after the polarity protection diode rather after the 'Volts' starving section of the schematic. 3) Bizarrely, Volts-2 connects back to pin 2 of the IC, via 22K and 1M resistors... There may be more, but at this point I gave up.
ReplyDeleteAck, excuse my fat-fingered typo, the next to last sentence should state "...Volts-2 connects back to pin 3 of the IC..."
ReplyDelete